How to Have the optimum Setup for Your Gaming Session
Your gaming setup can have a huge effect on your performance. If you’re currently playing from a rickety desk and a folding chair, you might not be winning as many matches as you could be with the right space.
Here are 3 (three) optimum setups for your gaming session:
1. See Clearly With the Right Monitor
A monitor can make or break your gaming experience. When you pay good money for a new video game, it’s important to have a screen that displays the graphics accurately—otherwise, you might as well settle for 8-bit games (unless that’s your thing, then more power to you).
When you pick out a monitor for your gaming setup, you’ll want to pay attention to a few key factors:
- Size – You don’t want a monitor that’s too small, or else you’ll be squinting to see the fine details. On the other hand, a monitor that’s too big for your space will feel clunky and overbearing—you can only look in so many places at once, after all.
- Panel type – LCD monitors can have a variety of different panel configurations. The main options you have to choose from are TN, IPS, and VA. Without diving too deep into the nitty-gritty, the basic difference between these monitors is their clarity and color display.
- Number – Many gamers opt for a multi-monitor setup. This can be helpful for those who want a separate screen for live chat or streaming purposes. If you’d rather focus solely on the game, one monitor will do just fine.
Pro-gamer tip: If your picture quality seems off, you may need to calibrate your monitor using the built-in calibration wizard on your PC. Finding the right white point and color adjustments will require some trial and error, but it will be worth it when you’re able to experience the game as it was meant to be seen.
2. Get Comfortable in the Perfect Chair
Your gaming chair is like your royal throne. The seat is often the centerpiece of a gaming setup, and you’ll want one with a proper balance of comfort, style, and functionality.
Some key elements to look for in the perfect chair for gaming include:
- Padding – A good amount of padding is going to be crucial during long gaming sessions. Find a chair that has a cushioned seat, proper back support, and maybe even a headrest if you’re looking to indulge a little.
- Size – You want a chair that’s the right size for your space, but not so small that you sacrifice comfort. Taking proper measurements of your gaming area and the space under your desk will be helpful before you shop for your chair.
- Accessories – For an elevated gaming experience, you may want a chair with additional accessories. Cupholders, USB outlets, and auxiliary ports for your headset can take your gaming setup to the next level—literally.
Pro-gamer tip: For quick relief from mid-game stress, keep a few CBD capsules for anxiety in your chair’s cup holder. This may not sound like a gaming essential, but you’ll understand once you’re in the throes of a high-stakes Assassin’s Creed Valhalla game that isn’t going well.
3. Choose a Controller Your Hands Agree With
Whether you stick with the traditional keyboard or opt for additional plug-ins, the right controller can improve your gaming abilities quite a bit.
Depending on your personal preference, there are a wide variety of controllers to choose from that will be compatible with a PC setup. Some of the most popular choices include:
- Xbox Wireless
- RazerTartarus gaming keypad
- DualShock 4
Pro gamer tip: Many plug-in controllers will connect to your setup through a USB port, but wireless controllers operate using a Bluetooth connection. Plenty of gamers enjoy the convenience and freedom of wireless gameplay, but it’s totally up to you, and don’t forget a good cooling system for PC too.
Make Your Gaming Setup Work for You
When you spend a lot of time gaming, having the right setup will do wonders for your comfort and happiness.
When developing your gaming setup, remember to let your own sense of personal style shine through. With the right chair, a high-quality computer, and maybe a few flashy elements, you’ll be on your way to Twitch stardom in no time!